Kids.. 'n' .. batteries?

Sponsored Links
Why not chuck the kids out to play, youngsters in the garden/yard and bigger uns out with their mates. No batteries to worry about and the kids are fitter.

Rechargeable is the way to go. I recommend you spend the extra and use the low self discharge ones, especially for intermittent use. Regular ones go flat on their own very quickly. These will stay 70%+ charged after a year.

Eneloop from Sanyo were the originals but there are plenty of others now variously known as 'always ready', 'pre charged'. 'ready to use' etc.

Don't get burned - you should be able to get a pack of 4 AA's for about a fiver. I use Eneloop, Uniross and Enitime and I've not had a problem with any of them.

If you can spring for it, a good quality charger with variable charge rate and conditioning cycles is imo worth it. I use a Maha powerex. The eight way one they do may be the way to go if you need to charge several sets a day.

Why not chuck the kids out to play, youngsters in the garden/yard and bigger uns out with their mates. No batteries to worry about and the kids are fitter.

Feed 'em, give them a damn good trashing, then nanny can put them to bed after they have bade goodnight to pater! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Usually get 4 energizer rechargeables and charger from Wilko or the like, for less than a tenner. Buy a couple each christmas.

Trouble is, you quickly run out of sockets to plug them all into!

Do they keep the power Brig? (sir!)

If you get the decent mA hr ones, they're not too bad. Depends (obviously) on what they're powering. 4 in a Wii fit board last weeks (even if it is actually used!)
Sad and anal, but I also label them up sometimes, so you don't mistakenly put uncharged ones back in.
Wii board, wii-mote 1, wii-mote 2, and so on......

Back