kids room cupboard door options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

we have just decorated a nursery , and want to put some doors on a space that due to the stairs intruding into the small bedroom , has been converted into a make shift cupboard.

However , due to the space in between the cot and cupboard conventional door aren't really an option. there is just about 35cm to 40cm between cot and cupboard , however it woudl just make things awkward if we put normal doors on

Question: what other doors can we put on that would make baby cupboard look neat

I----77cm-------I
|
|
|
|
202cm
|
|
|
|

Sponsored Links
Can you upload a photo so I can understand your space issue, I recently built some wardrobes in my boys room and the doors were very simple and I kind of made it up as I went along but they look great!!

L

Sponsored Links
Damn ... why didn't I think of that :)

so how do i go about constructing them ... obviously i can get some conti board cut to size my B&Q .. but what about the fixings ?

any help appreciated . to a total novice ( but very willing to give it a go )

other choice 4 doors 2 above the cot and bifold at the bottom or slide in panel at the bottom that lifts up 1" to unhook

HI BigAll , not sure i quite understand what you mean by sliding a panel at the bottom .. could you describe it a bit more please ?

the bottom section would be for the least used stuff
you would have a panel that easily removed when nessisery or small folding doors ;)

ahhh :) .. i have already done the inside and the bottom has the clothes rails , and the OH half already loaded it up nicely , and I'm not even finished yet.

so best bet is bi folding doors . can you just buy top / bottom rails and bolt then on to door / cupboard frame ?

i've just read another article about vinyl wrap door , could that work ?

thoughts please

Mr Numpty :)

vinyl wrap will only work iff you reduce the opening to fit the standard doors or cut the doors and hide the cut edge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back