Killer washing machine drum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoover WDM120

I have a problem with my washer dryer where the drain pipe keeps getting cut through by the weight (concrete block) that balances the drum.
I have even tried gluing an old credit card on top of the pipe to protect it from the block moving around, but it wore through this in no time.

So my conclusion is that the drum has dropped down in the machine now allowing the two to come in contact. Does this mean replacing either the suspension dampeners or springs at the top is the way forward or is there something else i have missed?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is the ballast block securely attached to the drum (not broken)?

if the drum has dropped, i doubt it will be the suspension, more likely the cabinet has rusted through giving no support to the suspension leg.

have a look

Sponsored Links
if the drum has dropped, i doubt it will be the suspension, more likely the cabinet has rusted through giving no support to the suspension leg.

have a look

The suspension is still securly fastened at both ends and the springs at the top. Actualy the only sign of rust on the whole machine is in the drain pump where this pipe has been leaking on.

come to think of it this probably happened shortly after i moved, and it was moved without the transit bracket. Could it have stretched the spring at the top of the machine?

push down on the drum if it is soft and bouncey suspension gone/ shocks .thats the two bolted to the base of mc ;)

just to let you know i changed the springs as it was cheaper than the suspension and it seems to have done the trick :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back