Kingfisher MF cfl 100 cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Serviced the above boiler today & owner told me it was cutting out/failing to ignite - hoped the service would clean out the pilot but but problem remains. once the boiler reaches temperature it starts to go through the ignition sequence, (fan runs, ignition spark) but only for about a second, then cuts out & repeats again & again, - it mimics a dodgy PCB - eventually running properly (I assume once the temp has dropped a little). Remove the stat from the boiler (so its connected but in fresh air) & the boiler returns to running normally. Tested resistances and checked wiring harness - all ok.

I have tested for intermittent feed from 2 port - not an issue

Anyone experienced this before?

Sponsored Links
its overheating check the pump, think you were only asked to service it cos it wasnt working we have all been there lesson to be learnt there mate, always check all functions before servicing or you will get the old "was working fine till you serviced it crap"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back