KingSpan and Liquid DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I've three specific questions that would be really great to get your advice on please

I've a solid brick wall house, the floors are all concrete downstairs, one has no DPM below it years old and very rough the others have a DPM.

Space is limited but I want to make sure I comply with building codes and whole floor is being changed to need to meet the codes

(1) I wanted to use 2400 x 1200 x 70mm Kingspan TF70 which says

High performance rigid
thermoset insulation – thermal
conductivity 0.022 W/m.K

but I'm not sure if 70mm is adequate or too much, but 70mm is my max to keep the door heights the same.

Rooms are

a) 4m by 4m
b) 3.5m by 2.3m
c) 2m by 2.4m

How do I work out what depth I need?

2) Do I need to add it on the upends, i.e. push a bit against the wall also, I've a wooden frame on top of the concrete slab which I was cutting and fitting the insulation into and was then going to squeeze some against the wall also. Does this need to be just external walls.

3) On the bigger floor I'm painting on liquid DPM as the floor is very rough and would puncture a sheet DPM, Can I add some on top of the two slabs that have a DPM underneath just to be double safe? does this stuff set of stay sticky, I've got the wickes stuff.

and one more question please

4) I want to use Structural Plywood 18x1220x2440mm

Product Code: 110036
Depth: 18mm
Certification: EN636-2, EN314-2, BS5268, Euro code 5
Type: Spruce Plywood
Length: 2440mm
Width: 1220mm
Structural: Yes
Exterior Use: Yes
Pack Size: Single

rather than chipboard as two rooms are kitchen and bathroom downstairs would this be ok in terms of being treated like the cabre floor is?

Thanks everyone

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back