Kitchen cupboard lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 runs of the Aurora T4 fluorescent lights under cabinet lights that I would like to link up and run through my glass door cabinets. The lights are not wired into the mains, they are plugged into regular sockets.
Would anyone have any ideas how I can get the connector leads through these cupboards? What is the best way? Thanks

image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is there no service void behind the cupboard? If not you have two choices
1. Drill a hole either side, big enough for the end of the link lead and poke it through
2. Drill a hole either side, big enough for the flex, cut the link lead, and use connector blocks and a chocbox in the cupboard to join it again.

You may be able to go up and over the cupboard if there's a void behind the other two, but whether you can get a link lead long enough without having to make two joints is another matter

The picture does not really help much, with regards to access.
There is generally (but not always) a small access area behind the cupboards that could offer an area to route the cables.
Do you still intend to have this operated by the plug/socket method? If so you may have to drill a hole in the cabinet base to feed the cable in, this may mean having to remove and re-fit plug to allow access and prevent plug sized hole.

Sponsored Links
I have just looked and yes there is a small void behind the back panel of the cupboards, about 20mm I think.
I was going to keep the plug/socket wiring, it's using up 2 sockets at the moment as its doing both sides. When it's all in one I will just use the one socket which is in a corner and hidden from view!
Thanks for your help:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back