Kitchen doors open to far, what are these called??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Im currently fitting a new kitchen and all is fine expect the doors on the wall cabinets ether side of the extractor open out to far and hit of the extractor, as they are gloss red this is not a good idea lol (well not a good idea any time really lol), do you know where i can get some sort of device that can be installed so we can adjust how far the door opens??

Kev

Sponsored Links
A little more sophisticated than a length of light chain and two screws, you mean? There are rod stays that are supposed to be used for piano stool type of furniture which limit the opening, they wouldn't be too bad. Do you have 180 deg hinges or 270? If 270, will 180 help?

thanks Kes, new hinges are out of the question, its an ikea kitchen and that's the only hinges they do.

to save me typing it out again i will paste what iv just asked in another forum.

Hi guys

Just put in a new kitchen but the doors on the wall cabinets ether side of the extractor open to wide and hit the extractor, iv been looking at a way of stopping them opening to far but couldn't find anything suitable, then, i noticed that on our old horrible built in wardrobes (on the list to get replaced lol) have these , what is the technical name for them?

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

as you can see i took on of and fitted it to one of the kitchen cabinets, its works just the way i want it to but its brass lol, if i knew the technical name for them i could go on teh hunt for some teh same colour as the door hinges.

Cheers

Kev

Sponsored Links
It looks to me as if the cab hinges are standard kitchen issue, if so you could easily replace them. As for what the stay thing is called, ask in a hardware shop if you have one, or your local shed.

PS Actually your hinges look like the usual 180 deg jobs, so a swap is unlikely to be of help, unless anyone more au fait can assist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back