Kitchen drawer & door dampers seem unreliable.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought some kitchen drawer/door dampers from directdampers on ebay. After 6 months of normal kitchen use (no kids banging doors!) they started failing. They are leaking oil so the damping action has gone completely. The firm I bought them from wont reply to emails now I have mentioned they failed so perhaps I have bought junk from a dodgy ebay shop. Just interested in peoples experience as I may replace them all from a more customer friendly source. Can anyone recommend a particular make?

Sponsored Links
I cant help with reliability, but thanks for the tip about directdampers. I was going to buy a whole load to fit in customers kitchens but will avoid this firm. I take it you have given them a few days to reply

I've had dampers like these in a rented property, the kitchen was new when I moved in but quite soon most of the dampers failed. I'm sure the landlord thought I'd been giving the kitchen a battering!

When we did our own kitchen we used the Blum dampers that fit onto the hinge. Much better.

Can't you add feedback on their ebay shop? Or change it if you've left it already :?: ;)

K

Thats interesting mypetearthling, Glad its not just me!

Unfortunately if they fail after a few months you cant alter any ebay feedback as far as I am aware. I suppose its a warning about buying from ebay really. directdampers have no tel number or address so they are selling junk and laughing when they fail then they just ignore you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back