Kitchen Ext leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all !!

A few weeks ago we noticed damp was forming in our kitchen via the kitchen ext, so I got a cloth and tried to clean it, then my fingers went through the plaster aargh.. ( the joining of kitchen and ext roof, the lower part ). Now with the rain its raining in, ruining my floor in the proceed :0(

I'm thinking if its an insurance job , refelt etc.. if it covers it... Fellas thinking tar it and look at troughing......

Its a pre 1900s mid-terr stone built..ext flat roof brick...

Any advice please

Thankyou :D

Sponsored Links
It's a maintenance job - you have to keep your house in good order to claim on insurance. Your roof obviously isn't in good order.

It is in good condition for it's age , it's just since this rain,

The troughings are clear and stuff... Im just asking what could be causing it . Not to be rude but I found the last bit of your comment offensive, thankyou for yor reply though ...

Sponsored Links
Insurance won't fix your roof. It's for you to maintain your roof. Sorry you find that offensive but you don't pay insurance for maintenance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back