Kitchen fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. just about to plan and fit a kitchen but first I want to mark out the levels for the units on the walls but got a bit stuck . . . . what is the ideal hight for standard wall units from the floor ?

Many thanks in advance.

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
dont forget to allow for the thickness of the flooring

Sponsored Links
Good thought, plan to put a thin batton around the walls at cabinet hight and level the cabinets up to it to allow for any slight uneveness. plus that will give me pipe space and a cable run too.

you dont need to allow for it 3 times, i was entering that reply when the site went wobbly!

Thermo said:
you dont need to allow for it 3 times, i was entering that reply when the site went wobbly!

I thought you were using three-ply.

halfajob said:
Hi guys. just about to plan and fit a kitchen but first I want to mark out the levels for the units on the walls but got a bit stuck . . . . what is the ideal hight for standard wall units from the floor ?

Many thanks in advance.

Jimmy
Mind, if you install a "larder" type unit, to match in this will dictate the height of your worktop ('bout 34") and the top of your wall units. You will end up with a 2 footish gap.
A word of advice, if tiling the walls as well, get the tiles to match your "gap" as much as possible, otherwise a pain in the a@@e.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back