Kitchen Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My kitchen floor is about 1 inch higher than the floor in the dining area. I need to make it all one level.
In the kitchen area on the top is Kardean flooring underneath that is I think a self levelling compound and underneath that is plywood, which seems like it has been stuck to the original concrete floor.
How can I get it all up. What would be the best tools to use to make the job easier

Help please

Sponsored Links
With blood, sweat n tears lol.

Sometimes karndean will lift quite easy once you get a corner up with a chisel, paint scraper etc, enough to get a grip on a corner, use pliers to pull it if it helps. If it's really stubborn you can hire a tile remover from HSS Hire for about 30/40 quid.

If the ply is fully bonded to concrete and is in full 8' x 4' sheets. Have a go at one with a large crowbar or 2 even.. If it's too much like hard work (which it prolly will be) it might be worthwile running a circular saw through it at the correct depth to the ply, just to make the pieces smaller and hopefully easier. It might take up some of the screed with it though but then it's likely you would have to screed over the remaining adhesive anyway so count that in with your costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back