Kitchen layout preferences? input needed!

Which would you go for?

• A) Peninsula 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B) Peninsula 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C) Big island

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As it's not building-work specifically, I thought I stick this in here.

Designing a kitchen layout and I'm struggling to decide on what will work best from a functional point of view, as well as a livable space point of view.

Take a look at the attached and see what you think of these 3 options. I was thinking a massive island would be nice, but feel a smaller island and peninsula setup would probably be more practical.

I'd prefer to keep the kitchen action further up top and away from the lounge area (noise/smells etc). But it's not as sexy as a big island is it??

There's a respectable amount of clearance around worktops in A and B, ranging from 850mm - 1100mm.

note: restricted head height under stairs means base units can only go in the lower area. There is a step up in to the dining bit, then bifolds out on to garden.

All suggestions welcome.

kitchen-options1.jpg

kitchen-options1.jpg

Sponsored Links
C - will let in a lot more light, I'd be tempted to move the hob to the island and go with induction and then maybe flip the sink and freezer and go full height all the way along the back wall with double eye level ovens.

I'm a fan of C however I'd personally want to put the hob top on the island with overhead hanging storage, auxillary oven/grill where the hob top is in C with cupboard storage underneath.

Sponsored Links
Back