Kitchen Mixer Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a problem with my kitchen mixer tap in that the lever can become very stiff, when lifting it up and down. This can go on for weeks then resolve itself before becoming stiff again. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I have an idea that you have a kitchen mixer tap, and if you have a single lever then I guess it's a monobloc, but otherise it's of unknown brand, model, age, and finish. Oh, and I believe that you have hot water, but have no idea whether it's mains or tank fed.

You mean you can't give me an answer with the info I've provided? :) Ok, can't give you the make or model but it is 3 years old and is a chrome finish. It is single lever and the hot water comes from a tank.

Sponsored Links
chuck1000 said:
You mean you can't give me an answer with the info I've provided? :)

A classic must be in the lead for "Quote of the year"

Sounds like something is worn or loose

doitall said:
chuck1000 said:

My take on that comment was that it was ironic - nothing wrong with a bit of humour in an act of humility, IMHO.

Softus said:
doitall said:
chuck1000 said:

My take on that comment was that it was ironic - nothing wrong with a bit of humour in an act of humility, IMHO.

It was meant to be a bit of humour. Here's a link to something similiar. It's the first mixer tap on this page

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...s&fh_eds=ß&fh_refview=search&ts=1148117324336[/list][/url]

This could, as observed by doitall, be something worn or loose. I've had a similar problem with one similar monobloc, which was caused by the failure of something internal.

If the tap has any kind of decent warranty (like the one in BNFNQ does), then I'd go down the route of asking the manufacturer. In my experience the manufs are happy to send out new valve headwork on the condition that you return the old one so that they can analyse what went wrong.

Before you do that, however, why not take off the cover and see if anything is loose enough to be fouling the arm over the course of its travel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back