KITCHEN PLINTHS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO HAVE KITCHEN PLINTH LIGHTS SET UP BY A SPARKY ? IS IT A HARD JOB ?

Sponsored Links
No its easy.

No need to shout. Please turn your caps lock off!

sorry didn't mean to shout !! didn't realise caps lock was offensive !
is it best to get sparky to wire it through kitchen lights ? what sort of price roughly please ? :D

Probably somewhere between £200 and £10,000 depending on how many you want, what fittings you require, where in the country you are, what electrician you use, how easy the access to an appropriate electrical feed is, whether you want him to make good anything he needs to damage to carry out the work and finally whether they want the job which usually comes down to how complex it is and how busy they are ;)

Sponsored Links
If you happy with this sort of thing:0

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...hting/Linkable_Flourescent_Fitting/index.html

you could do it as a DIY job.

Buy correct sized lamps, buy inter-connecting leads (that just plug in) and at the 1st or end light fit some 3c flex with a 3a plug on the end and simply plug in to the nearest socket.

If you want something a bit more sophisticated and wired on the the existing lighting circuit a cable run to the ceiling light is required. Cable route and getting above the ceiling would be the main issue, more so if the kitchen has a tiled bathroom or flat roof (no easy access).

Thanks a lot for everyone's advice, i think i'll leave it to the proffessionals ! but at least i know what they should be doing. :)

BnQ ( cough cough ) do LED decking lights, they're £30ish for pack of 10.
they come with a transformer that plugs in to a socket.
If you have a spare low level socket switched from above its just a case of drilling the hole and popping the LED in, Its all plug and play so no real expertise required, unless of course you dont have a socket :)

Thanks for your advice.
I have got a spare low level socket but behind washing machine so how would i sort out swoitching them on ?? (Awkward aren't i !!) :)

If it isnt switched from a FCU/spur above your worktop, the only other way without installing fixed wiring would probably be a remote control socket which BnQ also sell ( im not on comission lol ) I'm presuming there is a spare socket down there for you to plug in the reciever socket which would be controlled by the remote control.
Not the best set up i admit but it eliminates the need for any wiring alterations.

Thanks for the advice about remote control, sounds like a good way of doing it if sparky too expensive.
I am very impressed by this DIY forum and will definitely use it again - there are some kind people around. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back