Kitchen Sink install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installing my kitchen sink, this is an inset sink but struggling to see how the overflow will fit thru worktop cut out.
The overflow sticks out under the sink further than the rim of the sink and there is only a gap on 15mm between top of overflow and underside of sink rim.
If I cut the opening for sink large enough to accommodate the waste overflow the rim will not cover the hole all round.?

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpeg
    IMG_0219.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links
Update, cut top to absolute maximum aperture ( front to back) and sink just passes thru , but this is a temp worktop of 10mm thick shower panel I had spare so when the intended worktops arrive they will be a minimum of 20mm thick.
Overhang of sink rim is only 5mm front and rear , sides have full rim overhang around 18mm.

Would you not put the overflow onto the outlet after the sink is in place ? You may just have to rebate a small area of worktop below the surface to accomodate the overflow.

Would you not put the overflow onto the outlet after the sink is in place ? You may just have to rebate a small area of worktop below the surface to accomodate the overflow.
It’s a real pain to assemble with the sink out , only a 75mm gap at rear to get it in up under a deep 200mm sink , and it’s in a narrow sink unit with centre post , so would have to do it blind, not enough room for me under it.

Sponsored Links
Have manage to get it installed but required fully fitting sink and taps to worktop before offering in worktop as there is less than 25mm between sink, overflow waste and taps.
Not enough room for my hands .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back