Kitchen Sink Tap leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
my kitchen tap has a leak. the hot and cold are both ok and valves are good.

problem i have is the mix. there is a connector from the hot and cold to the mix,which is leaking. please see pictures. as you can move the mix output tap left and right, am assuming there is a valve there that needs replacing but am not entirely sure.

also how do you disconnect the mix tap, as it can be turned 360 degrees?

please see pics

tap2 (1).JPG
tap2 (2).JPG

thank you

Sponsored Links
Probably a worn/perished 'O' ring as the base of the neck.

If you look around the back of the tap there may be a small grub screw that holds the neck in place or if you turn the neck 90° to the tap body it may pull upwards.

The biggest difficulty will be finding an correctly sized replacement 'O' ring - I've got every size know to man but never exactly the right one!

That collar may also unscrew. As the NB mentions, probably one or more of the O rings is shot or just dirty. Removing the spout and cleaning and silicone grease the O-Rings may be all it needs.

Sponsored Links
thanks to you both.

i have checked though and there is no grub screw or anything obvious to help remove the tap. i have tried unscrewing the spout by reversing it several times too but it just goes round and round in circles but wont come off.

its left me scratching my head.... hmmm

spout just turns round

Can you grab that bottom ring with a pair of grips and just unscrew that? It may also just be a pull up and off, carefully tho.

hi Madrab and thanks for the reply.

i tried with grips to turn anti clockwise and it wont come off. tried pulling with no joy... am worried i might just break it now lol ha ha.

i will keep trying though and i appreciate you help

thank you

If it gets to that point and all things have been tried then it's time for a new tap methinks, don't think the old one really owes you anything ;) £30 for the cheapest monobloc, £40 odds for a white one.

will take your advise. i agree. i have had it for the past ten years with no issue and to be honest, it still works. just annoying to see the leak when i open the tap...

thank you so much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back