Kitchen unit doors quandry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Hope this is the right place to post this ...

I'm hoping to renovate my kitchen which is in decent shape but needs the base unit doors replacing and new wall units purchased. I can do the rest of the stuff I think. This is the last room in the house to sort out.

The problem is is that the base units seem to be non standard (they were installed about 25 years ago I think and have labels of companies inside which no longer exist). I was hoping to find doors to fit (the doors are bashed about a bit) as the base units themselves are in good shape and as the last part of the house renovation money is tight. I have checked with BandQ and all the usual outlets but nothing fits properly. I would like to check with Howdens but a) not sure if they sell doors only b) they refuse to give me any measurements over the phone as I am not a tradesperson and c) although they have an outlet close they seem rather uncoperative. I was thinking about going for the Howden600 which are apparently sturdy and Im told are relatively cheap though I have no idea of prices either!

The size of the door/drawers on the base units are

drawer 13.8cm
door 59.3

These measurements include a top integrated 'handle' which is just an aluminium bar like the Howden 600 range.

The widths of the units thankfully are standard.

Any suggestions about options? Getting them custom made seems quite expensive I think ...

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Take a look at wickes, I think they do/did 735mm high carcases which will suit your door/draw heights.

A lot of the online door sellers will do custom sizes for a small extra charge.

Jason

Thanks a lot for that, I will look at the Wickes door range. I hadn't thought of them.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Howdens do not sell doors on their own. They are quite reasonable in price and carcases come made up although they will supply them flat packed if you need that option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back