Kitchen wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, anyone help?
Have fitted a new ring main for the kitchen but struggling to position the sockets for dishwasher and washing machine, (Located either side of the sink)getting it checked by the council next week. Could I put a waterproof double under the sink (Currently a waterproof junction box here holding the wires for the sockets)

Struggling to put on the wall under worksurface as the water supply pipe is here and i am told they can't be put directly onto the kitchen cabinets

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
What's the rating of a double socket?

What's the rating of a W/M & D/W combined?

Two singles would be seen as a better design.

As you know the building regs say no to accessories mounted in kitchen furniture. They say you must fix to fabric of building.

Now, some here will argue the kitchen units are effectively the fabric of the building as they are permanently fixed to it.

Whether the LABC will see it that way I cannot comment.

How are you planning to fix the sockets under the sink if not to the furniture?

Hi, Thanks for getting back

Two singles sound fair, I was planning to mount on the wall but there is a copper water pipe above where they would be attached which may annoy the inspector

Washing Machine is rated ? (Book only tells me 230v/240v AC 50Hz)
Dishwasher is rated 10 amps

To quote, You gotta have faith!

Cheers

i dont think modern washing machines will use that much power as most have a hot and cold feed where as a dishwasher will use only the cold utilising a heating element. check the plug top fuse for an idea. does it not give you a wattage?

Sponsored Links
The washing m/c should have a rating plate on the back with this information on it.

Many washing machines these days are cold fill only - Bosch, for example, so they do draw quite a lot of power when heating - but no more than 13A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back