Kitchen Worktop Mitre Joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to use a mitre to join corner of worktops. Is there any tip that I need to make sure I get it right

Sponsored Links
Make sure you've got a sharp cutter and that the jig is firmly clamped down. Take a number of shallow passes ( about 6mm each ) holding the guide firmly against the back face of the slot in the jig. Once you're all the way through make one full depth pass holding the guide firmly against the front edge of the slot.

I have seen somewhere that at times they supply biscuit joints for the mitre cuts. How do we use these and what parts is required for this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I assumed you meant a masons mitre.. you're not planning to try cuttong a regular 45˚mitre are you?

Yes, it is a mason's mitre. I was thinking of inserting a biscuit wedge on either side of the cut to keep both worktops at the same level when tightening the bolts underneath. Is that advisable / practical.

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back