Kitchen worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am thinking of creating a kitchen worktop using wood grained strip flooring on a MDF base. The MDF would be two thicknesses of 18mm board glued or screwed together. The strip flooring would be glued to the MDF.
Does anybody have any views or ideas on the practicallity of this, i.e. would gluing the strip board to MDF create expansion problems?

Your input would be appreciated

M.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome medentor :D :D :D

you do realise that cheap laminate is no more than a paper print stuck on and covered with a plastic coat
how long do you think it would last as a worktop no heat no damp no knives :cry: :cry:

the joins would harbour bacteria and blow within weeks indeed a worse choice would be hard to find ;)

Thanks for the input. The intention would be to use a quality board, surely if it is commercial grade, wear and tear would be lees on a worktop than on a floor. I accept that heat could be a problem, butwhich could be overcome. As for hygiene this would be a minimal risk as the top in question would not be remote from this possibility.

Appreciate your comments

M

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back