Kity 439 or 2636 ? Will need to be moved for use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First Planer / Thicknesser for small workshop. Considering Kity 439 or 2636. Either one will have to be moved to the centre of shed when in use.
Was first thinking of going with the Kity 2636 because of cast iron tables etc. but felt that if I have to move it into middle of shed for use maybe 439 would be better being under 1/4 of the weight.

That said the overall footprint dimensions may not be that different and with a good trolley maybe I should go for the 2636 - but I can't be sure of it's exact footprint it it is also not online (DM tools lists it as 1085 x 610 x 950mm) but this makes it only slightly bigger than the 439 which seems unlikely?

What do you think about the idea of moving the 636 vs the 439 to the middle of a small workshop every time I need to dimension boards? Would moving the 636 mess around with calibrations, would it just be too heavy?

Also one of the sites the 2636 is listed on says '16 amp supply required to run this machine'. Now I know nothing about electrics but did get the sparks to fit my own consumer unit in shed which I think he said was a 36 amp unit? will this be o.k. ? What do I have to get done to use this machine ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Your consumer unit will be fine for the planer, but it will have to be hard wired.....(long flexy cable in Copex will be fine).
As for the weight of the thing - can't answer that one.....normally planers are bolted down and then commissioned, but I wouldn't expect settings to be upset too much (unlike lathes etc).
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back