Knocking pipes in central heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very annoying noise that appears to be coming from the pipes in my heating system. I have bled the rads of air but the knocking noise is still there. I have also adjusted the valve leading to the rad but this also has no effect. Any ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
Not sure of exact age because I moved to this property just over 3 years ago and the previous owner had moved out about 6 months before... but must be at least 4 years old. Previous owner led me to believe that it was quite new... but who knows! Has a digital set-up... don't know exact model and can't see a model number on it, but it is a Vaillant Combi-Boiler.

Forgot to mention that there has been a problem with the water not coming on hot straight away too. Normally have to turn the boiler on and off to get the boiler to flash up. So don't know if all this combined has anything to do with the strange knocking sounds or if this would be a separate problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back