Knot Seal and Prime wood before painting walls - why not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A quick question if I may. I am renovating my house. For reasons that it is not worth mentioning, I would like to do the preparation of the woodwork (sills and architrave) prior to painting the walls. Can anyone tell me reasons why I should not knot seal and prime the wood prior painting the walls?

I should note that I will still be putting undercoat onto the wood after the walls are painted.

Sponsored Links
Its fine, the only thing is you may have to rub down the skirting again as some spray from the roller will land on them. This may create a few bare spots but you can spot prime these bear areas if needed.

Its fine, the only thing is you may have to rub down the skirting again as some spray from the roller will land on them. This may create a few bare spots but you can spot prime these bear areas if needed.

Cool, the skirting isn't on yet as I was saving that for after it is painted. If is just spotting that I need to worry about then I think I can manage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back