Know your risk: Covid 19

Sponsored Links
Whenever I go on a long-haul flight, cooped up with hundreds of other people in a sealed container with few air changes, I expect to emerge having caught coughs, colds or worse.

A bloke I know says he won’t get a on plane because he doesn’t like breathing in other peoples breaths, coughs, sneezes, burps and farts! When you put it like that.........

Sponsored Links
For the reasons I've given previously (as well as diverting precious supplies from healthcare workers), masks to protect the wearer directly won't work; I've witnessed trained and educated people gaining no protection from the RPE they're wearing, so the general public will likely fare even worse

I guess your career involves H&S so you clearly know what you are talking about, you must cringe seeing the misinformation on masks.

My understanding is a mask doesn't protect the wearer much, mostly a mask reduces a coved pos person infecting others.

I know my niece when doing scans on patients has to ensure the patient has a mask on as well.

My understanding is a mask doesn't protect the wearer much, mostly a mask reduces a coved pos person infecting others.

A mask can give (as near as makes no difference) 100% protection - scuba diver! - IF it is the correct mask, correctly fitted to the wearer, is correctly maintained, AND is worn correctly.

Covid face coverings (for the general public) are not intended to be "masks", nor to protect the wearer : they are intended to offer some protection to everyone else.

It's not about risk elimination but, rather, risk reduction.

Back