Kodi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, come on. Who's using it? What on? Favourite builds/favourite addons?

Sponsored Links
Tried it once , found it glitchy and slow and offered nothing of interest so deleted it .
Dunno what version that was or how long ago but I suppose it’s all dependent on your internet speed and what you are running it on. My internet speed is @ 50Mbps and I’m using the latest version of Kodi on firestick 4K and 4K Max and I find it quite fast. Definitely not as clunky as ITV X for example

Sponsored Links
Dunno what version that was or how long ago but I suppose it’s all dependent on your internet speed and what you are running it on. My internet speed is @ 50Mbps and I’m using the latest version of Kodi on firestick 4K and 4K Max and I find it quite fast. Definitely not as clunky as ITV X for example
I find ITV X and all the tv streaming services seamless . Have decent 55mbps+ speed .

I find ITV X and all the tv streaming services seamless . Have decent 55mbps+ speed .
Yeah, I got it wrong. What I meant was I watch whatever programme is showing on ITV X on kodi and do away with the bloody annoying adverts.

I used Kodi on three home theatre PC's several years ago. I found it to work quite well streaming my ripped DVD'S and Blurays from a home server running WHS2011.

I have a couple of old OTT/MXQ boxes that have Kodi on I'd like to update, they are about 5 years old so not sure if the latest version will work on them.

I sometimes download a MKV video that I can only watch (when in the living room) using the wifes laptop (no smart tv) and she's not that keen as she likes to be using it while watching TV.

I have a couple of old OTT/MXQ boxes that have Kodi on I'd like to update, they are about 5 years old so not sure if the latest version will work on them.

I sometimes download a MKV video that I can only watch (when in the living room) using the wifes laptop (no smart tv) and she's not that keen as she likes to be using it while watching TV.
You don’t need a smart tv to play mkv files, most tv’s and dvd players will play them , unless yours is ancient ?

As I said, "no smart tv"....

What's a DVD player? eek, we got rid of those years ago when the coal shed was demolished. lol

Great new sports app out for the firestick at the moment. SportsFire. Plenty of great content on the… plenty of 'how to's' on the net how to load it on to the stick.

View attachment 315679

mottie is there much difference using the fire stick lite to to fire stick 4k going to buy one to get loaded up and wondering whether the 15 quid or so will make any difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back