Kommerling or Rehau bay windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am down to two quotes, one for Kommerling and one for Rehau with a £800 difference, are Kommerling that better?
1 kommerling is 5 chamber reha u is 3
Kommerling only comes in 70mm(he said)

So, is Rehau A rated?
How is the 70 mm profile mesured, is it top to bottom, inside to outside etc.

Internal window sill at moment is painted ply, gets lots of use , toys etc banging, should i get a pv c cover board or change it to a laminated sill.

Sorry about all the questions but so confused by good intentional advice.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
REHAU is the market leading window profile brand in the UK. Our Total 70 system, extruded in North Wales (German Engineering), is also 5 chamber and can easily achieve an A window energy rating. It is also the only 'severe weather' rated profile available in the UK.

The 70mm is the front to back (depth) measurement of the profile, which is ideally suited to refirbishment projects.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Jonathan.

Anyone with ideas for a 20inch depth bay window board that can stand up to grandchildren running/scraping toys along

Pretty much all makes are fine. Those are both big brands so both fine.
Its all in the fabrication and the fitting, A crap window fitted well is better than a great window fitted crap,

For window boards avoid PVC they will scratch up in no time so avoid.

Sponsored Links
Gazman16, okay i have taken that on board about the PVC scratching and keeping with a plywood board that I can fill and repaint.

With regards the Kommerling, what surprised me is that shoot bolts are not fitted to the window openers! When I asked about this i was told that the gearbox fails.
I thought that the bolt was an extension of the same rod for the normal "mushroom head" closures?

Shoot-bolts are available on any make of window with no problems.
Sounds like that window company are trying to sell cheap parts/cut costs. That would make me weary of them as a company possibly.
There are some new designs of locking system around that don't need shoot-bolts though like these Yale blade

But if they are just doing standard mushroom keeps without shoot-bolts I would just avoid that company, Where else are the going to be skimping on costs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back