Kommerling v Synseal Profile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to maybe get one of the above 2 profiles for my new windows and conservatory

Can't find any info online about how the 2 compare to each other. Is one other than the better etc?

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I just saw your post and I have no knowledge of Synseal, but had Kommerling in my last place and liked the windows and doors so much, I'm trying to see if there is a supplier in my new area.

Profiles are nice to look at, the bevel is much nicer than plain boring square edges, thermal qualities are excellent.
At the end of the day it's up to you, but I thought I'd just sing Kommerlings praises as I have experience of them.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Kommerling smacks synseals arse!

Out of the 40 odd profiles available, 1 being the best 40 worst, Kommerling comes in at 2/3 battling it out with Rehau, No1 is Veka, synseal is down in the mid twenties.

Kommerling has been about for over 40 years and made the first profile for 'our English' style windows, the outward opening casement.

Kommerling is lead free but they dont do a roof system where as synseal do.

Now if its down to cost Synseal should be cheaper and is perfectly suitable for the job, if not then get the kommerling

http://www.kommerling.co.uk/

http://www.synseal.co.uk/indextrade.asp

guy just brought the kommerling gold and synseal profile round for me to have a look and you can bearly tell the difference. before he told me which was which i said the welding of the joints on the synseal were much better and looked cleaner than the kommerling

he fits both the profiles and the kommerling is a bit more expensive but we're talking a few hundred not thousands. locks all appear to be the same as well.

i'm swaying towards synseal beacuse we want a conservatory as well and synseal have made to match roofs which in my eyes are a plus point.

everything i've read about synseal has been good so would you really put the profile in the mid 20's?

thanks

Synseal are the cheapest in the market place expect pay about 20% less than Kommerling. One of the best British profiles is Profile22 systems they started in 1976 and have some of the biggest and best suppliers in the uk.

Synseal are the cheapest in the market place expect pay about 20% less than Kommerling. One of the best British profiles is Profile22 systems they started in 1976 and have some of the biggest and best suppliers in the uk.

cheers, i did look at the profile22 system but every local one that i sopke to (window installers) don't rate it, one of them even fits it if the customer likes the look of the profile as oppose to kommerling :confused: I guess whatever one they sell they'll rate that and put most other profiles down

the biggest installer in our area use to use legend but they said it got to expensive and switched to komerling as it was cheaper but don't synseal own legend now?

the firm i'm going to go with are the only people that haven't slagged off any of the other local firms or window profiles. they fit kommerling and synseal and i think i'm going to go with synseal as they do the sheild roofs for conservatory's which colour match spot on. he's been in the business for 25 years+ and a few years ago 70% of the stuff he fitted was kommerling but now he only does 10% kommerling and 90% is synseal

from what i've read and heard synseal seem to be one of the market leaders and the quality of the upvc seems to match most other brands

SB 1964 good choice and i commend you on how you came to your decision.
we have been manufacturing synseal now for 3 years and as a company we get lotts of back up and product inervation from synseal. I have been in this industry for over 20 years, and found synseal to come out very highly in customer service.and the roof is a peice of cake to assemble too

the only reason people say Veka kommerling Rahau is its what they have grown used to.and we all know you can only sell with the tools you have .
I have fitted lotts of different profiles years ago as a fitter and personally do not rate a lot of the names mentioned but would never slag off any one elses product only explain the benifits and advantages of using ours.

Ps sorry to go on but the synergy makes a nice looking window.

My advise: don t go for Kommerling (profine group). Bad quality / no after care.

My window was placed by one of their certified supplier who did a very bad job and does not respond anymore. No possibility to use the waranty (is there really one???) and kommerling does not answer or support with this.

In particular: I got myself a huge and expensive sliding window that is not water/wind proof, mounted 2 cm lower than expected and with a glass completely damaged.

... having said that I don t advise Synseal. I have no experience with them.
But I definitely have concerns with Kommerling

i have synseal windows and patio doors in two different houses and they are great. one is an ultra modern flat development with gray foiled windows on the outside and a naural pine effect on the inside.

the othe house has their lead free vertical sliding windows in and they are a huge improvement on the old wooden ones.

Kommerling has a limited choice plus i like to buy british when i can

Surely Chessmaster your issues are with the incorrect installation of the kommerling products. I have fitted hundreds of the kommerling windows with not one problem. I'd say your issues are more with poor workmanship from your installer

Kommerling part of the profine group is a world wide Company operating in over 40 Countries, over 20million windows are produced every year with their profiles that's why they are Europe's No 1. They are also Lead free! and have an excellent product range made by trained window producers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back