Kyoto Deluxe KU9577 Frost Free Upright Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( After getting something out of freezer at 10.30 yesterday morning ..the door wasn't shut properly. (drawer 'front's keep popping off and one of these 'pushed' the door back open).

I didn't notice this until after midnight - and saw red warning light on.

Only the top two shelves had started to thaw..so I threw away/put in fridge to cook those bits. Made sure door was completely closed..and turned switch up to Fast Freeze (yellow indicator light).

It's now 15hours later...and both the yellow AND red light are still on! :eek: I've had quick open and check and although nothing seems to be thawing..equally it's NOT freezing as I thought it would be after this time.

Time for new freezer? :( :unsure: or does it need longer to 'work'??

Sponsored Links
Ah! Now it is frost free BUT exactly 24hours after I noticed the red light was on ie 1.00am early hours of this morning - the red light had gone out.

In the meantime I'd borrowed a small chest freezer and moved all food in to that - icecream..bread had completely defrosted so were binned.

I put a small plastic bowl of water in top section of empty upright freezer...and it froze! I emptied it...two more bowls of water...this morning frozen! BUT it's making a real racket!

I'm not risking putting food back in it yet...could this noise settle down do you think? When I've just opened door to check if water frozen, after I shut it the freezer made some really weird noises - like running water and gurgles!! :eek:

I'm not really sure what you are talking about but to defrost the freezer you need to switch it of & leave for at least 24 but preferably 48 hours. The bubble noises you hear are probably just the gasses circulating. Leaving it switched off will also give the gas time to settle.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks.

Not heard the 'glugging' noise any more..just a very load 'motor' buzzing sound. Using the dial on top of the freezer (where you can turn it from 'off/ minimum / medium /maximum/fast freeze)..I turned it 'off'..back on again..and for 10 minutes it was silent like it used to run..but then 'clicks' in to loud vibrating/motor noise.

I've now turned it off at the plug and will leave for 48 hours and let you know how it goes. Many thanks once again.

;) Ok....I've turned the freezer back on - having let it stand for 48 hours. So far 'normal' freezer hum. Should I just leave it as it is..or set it to Fast Freeze? I've put small bowl of water inside.

Update...and another query I'm afraid!

I appears to be running fine...freezing...quiet..BUT (I still haven't put food back in it yet..just replacing small bowl of water to keep checking) ...when I open the door then close it there is a horrendous sound like falling ice?? coming from the back of the machine for about 30 seconds..then it stops. This has happened every time I've opened the door so far.

The noise is like water? or someone with a straw slurping up the last in a glass :LOL: ((shrug)). I've opened and shut door again and still getting the noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back