L S Z H Sheathed Cables in domestic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are LSZH Cables required in a domestic situation,

Are they only normally installed in commercial, non-domestic buildings.

Sponsored Links
Can't think of any law or reg for a single dwelling.

There's likely to be a council somewhere that specs them for multi occupancy / high rise.

Was offered some comms work in New York recently and every cable in the high rise had to be LSZH.

Can't think of any law or reg for a single dwelling.

There's likely to be a council somewhere that specs them for multi occupancy / high rise.

Was offered some comms work in New York recently and every cable in the high rise had to be LSZH.

Thanks Chri5

I have recently used this in a domestic dwelling, not speced by LABC. Was very easy to pull in and much more robust that T&E. However, to make off and to terminate in the MCB in the CU it is not the greatest!!!!!

Sponsored Links
skyscraper_43166_lg.gif

Used it on a domestic rewire myself, was just what the bloke had in his garage.

Good to use though as i'd bet its a lot more moisture resistant than normal pvc t&e.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back