LABC + Checking/Testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I know that loads of stuff has been already posted about notifying my LABC prior to starting work and having it inspected at 1st and 2nd fix. But I cannot find anything that answers my specific question:-

I'm trying to decide on my best option money wise, but my parents need a partial re-wire and a new CU installed to allow an additional kitchen ring, electric cooker and outside power circuits.

If I did it myself and notified my LABC I would have thought that the check on the 1st fix would be ok as not connected to CU but for the 2nd fix check, would I need to have the CU installed or not? I guess does the new circuits need to be powered up before sign off? I'm not considering installing the CU myself I'd get a qualified electrician to do that, but the current CU is an old type with only 4 slots and as such I don't know at which stage to get the new CU installed?

Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If your getting a sparks in, get them in at the start and take his lead.

Since the sparks will have to terminate your cabling and supply the CU it would be more sensable to blow out the LABC (and fee) and spend that paying for the spark.

Some will moan about 3rd party cable work, others won't provided you follow their instruction and allow them full access to see all the work you have done.

Part P doesn't allow you to sign off other peoples works, but a Part P guy will sign off his electricans mates and employees works since they are known, trusted and inspected during the work.

So your have to convince the spark that you understand what your doing and have the right skills. Hint- saftey zones.

Oh, Thats another option I guess

I'm just trying to see what I can do to help my parents out, re-wired my house but that was before the part P stuff.

So if I get a few electricians round and see if I could prepare the route or such like, allowing them to check and, sort off, certify my cabling/routing and then allow them to install the new CU.

I'll see what they say.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back