Labour Not Fit For Government

Thanks for the f in good news. I was all ready to vote Kier, now your telling me his a **** as well.

It's reform for me.
Im not sure how the Rochdale thing makes much of a deal in regards to Labour

It is said that Steir Karmer could have acted quicker regarding the MP's comments.

Bod, I didn't say anybody was a ****....

Sponsored Links
Stopped on the street to chat to someone I don't know well, but see him regularly walking his dog.

He is a life-long Tory supporter, but feels that the current government have been "taking the Mickey" and treating public funds like a piggy bank.

He's disgusted with how services have been left to decline, like the NHS, schools, public services and policing, all in the name of cutting taxes. He told me he feels that there is a balance to be made so that these services are not starved of cash.

Are there any Tory supporters here who are similarly wavering?

Some well established mps are praised by the community for the work they do for their constituents, Boris and Nadine Dorris by all accounts don't fall into that category although well established.
A mate of mine took his housing problems to a labour mp just elected what a waste of space she was
Some MPs do a great deal for their community, some do bugger all, its not necessarily related to party either.

for example: David Amess, Conservative for Southend West was known to be a fantastic MP for supporting his community

He's disgusted with how services have been left to decline, like the NHS, schools, public services and policing, all in the name of cutting taxes. He told me he feels that there is a balance to be made so that these services are not starved of cash.

The balance can only be made once ALL parties disclose how much they plan to raise taxes - but nobody wants to do this.

There was a recent survey that suggested about 70% of the people asked would happily pay more to secure better services. I'm definitely in this camp locally and nationally

Sponsored Links
The balance can only be made once ALL parties disclose how much they plan to raise taxes - but nobody wants to do this.

There was a recent survey that suggested about 70% of the people asked would happily pay more to secure better services. I'm definitely in this camp locally and nationally
But of ALL the parties, it is the Tories that champion "low taxes".

You can't have better services with lower taxes. They've proven it.

Labour might not provide either, but a change of direction is needed.

thats the nature of "democracy"

people want decent services, but when it comes to it they will vote for "lower taxes"

Labour are between a rock and hard place: they cant have a tax and spend manifesto, the right wing media would instantly label Starmer as "Corbyn mk2"

I dont want to pay more for privatised services when the money disappears into shareholders pockets

Most people know what they're paying their taxes for.

People complain about poor services and must deep down know that to improve them, investment is needed.

It feels to me a bit like the post war situation where huge investment was made in house building and the NHS was created.

It's been done before, it can be done again.

Stopped on the street to chat to someone I don't know well, but see him regularly walking his dog.

He is a life-long Tory supporter, but feels that the current government have been "taking the Mickey" and treating public funds like a piggy bank.

Are there any Tory supporters here who are similarly wavering?

Yes me. But it's the management of money that's the issue not the amount of money.

It's very easy spending money that's not your own.

Why not? If they are honest and up front, what have they got to worry about?

It’s explained clearly in my post

Why do you think Jeremy Hunt announced a cut in NI?

A = because they are using it to try and win votes (despite the fact Tory fiscal policy is an overall tax rise of £80b, so it’s just a reduction in tax rises)

It feels to me a bit like the post war situation where huge investment was made in house building and the NHS was created.

It's been done before, it can be done again.

We may have to wait until after the next war, which may not be too far away. Many of the lessons learnt from the last one have been forgotten.

Sponsored Links
Back