Lack of Black faces at Glastonbury

I think if we all took the time to chat with our neighbours and in my case your customers of different back grounds, race and religion you might find that we are not all so different.

About anything ....... race included

The same things gripe and get on a nerves, we like the same things The same worry for our children
Fair point , my son has polish neighbours. The bloke wouldn’t look at him until he got a motorbike. Now he’s full of chat ,being a biker himself.

I used to work in Tower Hamlets around Cable street. Back then there were a good few Bangladeshis. Stricking a conversation was hard until I mentioned that I've been to Bangladesh and knew a bit about their country and the province they where from... that was it I got fed and watered on a number of occasions.

Sponsored Links
Not with all though and usually people blame some race with their own problems and often that aspect has zero to do with them.

Do you mean like White British and alive being responsible for the slave trade?

Eh?!?

That can't be right. 'They're everywhere!' people shout, 'our country isn't our own any more!' people shout, 'you can't walk down the street without seeing face after face that isn't white!' people shout.

I think when you hit the '1' key you obviously mean to hit the 3 or 4.

;)

That's me I say
They're everywhere!' I shout, 'our country isn't our own any more!' I shout, 'you can't walk down the street without seeing face after face that isn't white!' I shout.

A flat white and a pasty please darling.

Sponsored Links
The Current Ethnic Minority figure in UK is 14.4% but this includes all races
so deducting White Faced groups the figure drops to around 10%

They're everywhere!' I shout, 'our country isn't our own any more!' I shout, 'you can't walk down the street without seeing face after face that isn't white!' I shout.

Can l have two more Kingfishers please.

I see non of that

You had a lucky escape.

Seems quite a violent 'carnival'. Admittedly it's been a few years since someone was actually murdered there. Is it racist to point out that unlike Glastonbury, there are a lot more black faces at Notting Hill?

They're everywhere!'
I thought some one would comment like that when I mentioned actual figures.

Refugees are similar. Numbers accepted are small. A larger influx is the people bought back from Afghanistan. Still not a huge number and a one off. Number on boats entirely different. Think we have problems - USA reports picking up 1.5m illegal entries. Certain problems in S America boosting them a bit. Main point to note is that it doesn't matter what party is in power they blame each other and can't come up with a solution. Seems 40 odd were found dead in an HGV refer trailer, refrigeration absent or not working - heat stoke and no water. One of the reasons for more is probably Trump and Venezuela, Biden hasn't changed much about what Trump bought about.

Around ~10% of the UK's population are not white. That is any people of any colour that is not seen as white. Best bear that in mind when counting numbers at some event. Also that music tastes as with food is something that can vary. Actual seen as black is a smaller proportion. Info can be found on the NOS. Also I think British born or not.

Racism though. Some aspects will be down to humans tending to be tribal. That can relate to religion or an area they live in even style of dress. Type of food eaten did figure more once. What's the difference between Scots, Welsh and the English really? Very little other than accent maybe but that varies across England and in parts of the others. These indicate how easily political thoughts can be used to influence opinions in the general public. Then people may inherit feelings but frankly going on my experiences that does have a tendency to die out over time. Not with all though and usually people blame some race with their own problems and often that aspect has zero to do with them.

LOL Forgot the Eaton Harrow accent.
There's a good range of differences between the Nations comprising the United Kingdom: Scots are a separate race from the English, having been largely colonised by Norse in the North, Irish in the West and Danes/Jutes in the Lowlands.
The English are, mostly, Anglo-Saxon, from Northern Germany (apart from the Cornish, who're largely related to the Breton people across the channel) and the Welsh are from similar stock to the Gael of Southern Ireland.
The accents across the UK have become homogenised since the late 20th century but 100 years ago there were marked differences in regional accents and going back further in time, to the Tudors, for example, you could have a very different accent from one town to the next, and especially across county lines.
If ever you're in Glasgow, pop into a pub and tell them there's no difference between them and an Englishman.
Let me know how you get on. :p

There's a good range of differences between the Nations comprising the United Kingdom: Scots are a separate race from the English, having been largely colonised by Norse in the North, Irish in the West and Danes/Jutes in the Lowlands.
The English are, mostly, Anglo-Saxon, from Northern Germany (apart from the Cornish, who're largely related to the Breton people across the channel) and the Welsh are from similar stock to the Gael of Southern Ireland.
The accents across the UK have become homogenised since the late 20th century but 100 years ago there were marked differences in regional accents and going back further in time, to the Tudors, for example, you could have a very different accent from one town to the next, and especially across county lines.
If ever you're in Glasgow, pop into a pub and tell them there's no difference between them and an Englishman.
Let me know how you get on. :p

That's a history lesson on why we are fůcked.

Let me know how you get on.

That's all dependent on the time you went in to the Pub....

“In my early life, I experienced first-hand how coming from an under- represented background can affect your future but, luckily for me, I was able to overcome those odds through opportunity and support.

"How many other formula 1 drivers come from Stevenage Lewis"

How about Hertfordshire?

Herts & Essex?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links