lack of consistant mains pressure to electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Mira sports max electric shower which is fed from the mains. It needs a min of 1 bar pressure to work properly and a max of 10 bar with min static pressure of 0.2 bar.

sometimes the mains pressure is too low for the shower to work properly (scalding hot).

Is is possible to feed the shower from the tank using a pump. I would prefer to use a trin pump to a single pump if possible as the hot water pressure is also poor in the apartment due to the tank being so low.

The tank is 40 gallon.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't see why not. The Mira doesn't care where the water or the pressure is coming from as long as it is there.

Thanks for the prompt response. I keep getting mixed messages from people I talk to ranging from do not put a pump on an electric shower to only put a single impeller pump on but even then they say it will empty the tank.

You can easily work out how long your tank of water would last.

Capacity/flow rate from shower with pump taking into account the flow rate of the cold mains filling the take from the ball valve.

Worse case scenario would be adding another 40 gall tank along side the exisitng one, parrallel connecting them and taking the cold outlet off the new tank.

Sponsored Links
sometimes the mains pressure is too low for the shower to work properly (scalding hot).

if you don't have enough pressure to operate the shower it won't make it scalding hot. it will stay cold.

is the low pressure light on ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back