Lack of hot water on Baxi 80e combi.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks hope you can shred some light on my problem (Thanks in advance).
CH works fine!
When I call for hot water the diverter pin pops out, but not eneogh to operate the microswitch!
Took the valve apart and the diaphragm looks ok, is it possible for them to become weak? I also cleaned the chamber and pin although the pin was virtually like new.
I can pull the pin out with pointy nose pliers, it then stays out and we have hot water!
Sometimes if the heating is on and a call for hot water made, the system works ok.
Please shred some light.
Cheers
Bob
Oh and have a happy new year.

Sponsored Links
if it not coming out far enough then you might have a stretched diaphram or a small bit of scale in one of the impulse tubes.

YES THEY CAN GET WEAK BEFORE THEY SPLIT. POP ANOTHER ONE IN AND ALL WILL BE FINE.

Sponsored Links
Hi Folks,
as my new diaphrams didn't come today but my new 24mm spanner did (had 25 and 23 grrr). took out out the filter in the inlet assembly. Despite the fact it looked fairly clean, scraped off the the crud and refitted.
BINGO
hot water fires up with pin coming right out.
Will take whole assembly to bits tomorrow, hopefully bits will arrive, replace both diaphrams, flush secondary heat exchanger, check the pipes to DHW valve and clean the rest of the assembly.
Hopefully will be good as new.
Once again thanks for the advice and I also hope this thread helps other folks.
Many thanks
Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back