Lack of Hot Water Pressure in Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend and I bought a townhome built in 1985 and it has more problems than a home built in 1950! I hope that someone might be able to offer some assistance with our most pressing issue... Our kitchen sink is brand new although the pipes have never been replaced. We do not have hot water pressure in the kitchen sink, which is a one handled faucet. (The water throughout the rest of the house is not an issue)Because the hot water pressure is non-existent we are unable to use our dishwasher. Is there any way we can get around calling another plumber to attempt to fix the problem ourselves?
I have been searching on the internet all morning and have come to the conclusion that I don't know what a galvanized pipe is... so it's a slow go:confused:

Any ideas are welcome!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The dish washers that I have come across are cold fill only. What is the presure like when running hot water?. ie is your dishwasher connected to the wrong pipe.

Sounds like you might have an air lock in the pipe.

Your cold water system should be much higher pressure than the hot system. One way of removing an air lock is to somehow connect the cold supply to the hot supply and use the higher pressure to blast the air out. Just keep it connected long enough to get the kitchen hot tap going - once it is it should be fine.

Good luck.

PS - a galvanised pipe is a steel pipe with a galvanise coating on to protect it from corrosion. The galvanise usually looks a kind of mottled grey colour. (color)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back