Laguna 52 plate power loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Renault Laguna 1.9 DCI 6 speed haatchback. just developed a very annoying problem when accelerating. Engine power appears to take a wee dip at about 2000 revs. Then it is fine again. I have been tld that it could be the "air mass meter" but would like to be sure before I spend £150 on this part. Any ideas??? :confused:

Chris

Sponsored Links
Spend a few quid on a decent fault code reader first to make sure it is AMM

Thanks.

Put car in garage to be put on the "diagnostics computer". Came up as no fault. My problem really is that I have to sell the car now (Company Car) and really don't want to sell a lemon to someone unsuspecting.

(Treat others as you would have them treat you)

Chris

Sponsored Links
I would think its more likely the EGR *Exhaust gas recirculation valve sticking. Get it sorted ASAP so it doesn't cause any turbo damage!!!

Fairly simple repair if it is EGR valve. Don't hang about...you have been warned!

Air Mass Meters rairly show a fault code! they just stop metering air correctly and show a fixed value, you need to get the AMM parameters checked with some appropriate diag equipment.

EGR is likely to be welded solid in its housing and stuck fast with black carbon/oil tar.

a friend of mine had a new laguna the same age it kept doing the same thing as yours, renault never managed to fix it, they just kept fitting bits swapping bits from other cars etc, it was still doing it when it went back to the lease company after 3 years :confused:

Back