Laminate floor appears to be shrinking!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I had a laminate floor laid in my kitchen about two years ago. It was that stuff where you click it and it fits in place but the person who laid it also glued it together. Anyway, about a year ago I noticed a gap in the flooring running alongside the length of the units, it looks like the flooring has shrunk as there is now a 1cm gap where previously it was a flush fit. Is there anything I can do to rectify this and does anybody know why this is happening?

Sponsored Links
Laminate flooring suppose to go under the skirting or plinth board with a 10mm gap to allow for expansion.You can get pvc quadrant moulding to match your flooring from the maker of laminate flooring to cover the gap or use timber quadrant and paint to match your skirting or plinth board.You can use liquid nail and make sure you don't glue it to the floor only on the skirting/plinth board side,this is to stop the laminate flooring bowing in the middle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back