Laminated furniture repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a schreiber beech set of drawers I have purchased a new top to go on them which will double up as a worksurface.

The top is to long so I need to cut it down but need to somehow remove the laminated edging strip and then reglue it on again after without causing any damage?

any ideas ??

Sponsored Links
Hang on, I read that again. You want to reuse edging strip on a worktop? (I thought you meant the drawer itself)
Would be easier and neater to buy new edging strip. Although the old one might come off with heat from an iron or heatgun on a low setting.

Sponsored Links
I have replaced the top and the top that I have is to big so needs cutting down. I wanted to use the original strip because I know it will match and also the front has a shaped front and i think it will be a nightmare to cut the shape with a blade

You don't cut the laminate to shape you have to glue it to the edge and them trim and sand to fit.Unlikely you will remove edge without destroying it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back