Land Registry: What Can They Provide?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boundaries again, but I promise I've searched the forums!

Context: my Sis has an awkward neighbour- not from hell, but seeming to make stuff up to exert his place as number 1 in the close of 3 houses. He is in a semi, and Sis in a detached next to him. The guy in the semi is driving him nuts, so my Sis is getting his attention.

Her LR docs show a line right down the gap between the houses. He is trying to say he owns ALL the land between the houses; and that her boundary is her outside wall. Plans from the council show the central line too on any map from their info system.

The latest issue seems to have been caused cos he wants to gate off the 'gulley' at the front elevation, and she doesn't.

The crux: he says he has paid £90 extra to the LR for 'more detailed' plans than she has; and that they support his claim.

Question: Does such a service exist from the Land Registry?

Thanks for reading.

CG

Sponsored Links
Call his bluff and ask him to see the plans that apparently support his claim

Then when he can't , make it very clear to him where the boundary is and tell him he is not authorised to touch anything your side of the boundary if he does it will be immediately removed upto the boundary line

That should deflate his ego a little

With a witness and a making a video of said conversation just in case he decides to go ahead and ignore you

Maybe it's time to invest in a fence on the boundary line to make it clear what's yours and his

Thanks for that. Already a fence there, and has been for 17 years ( since it was built) when the 3 were built in an in-fill on a then 25 year old estate.

Sponsored Links
If there is and has been a fence on the "boundary" as @sircerebus666 above, politely as him to prove that a fence on a boundary has been in the wrong place for 17 years?

Given your property is "relatively" new do you know if your solicitor or mortgage lender [if one] has a copy of the original builders plans that were used to complete the conveyancing process?

Does the fence as being discussed run on to the rear of the property on the same line to provide a boundary line in the rear garden?

Ken.

If there is and has been a fence on the "boundary" as @sircerebus666 above, politely as him to prove that a fence on a boundary has been in the wrong place for 17 years? Good point, Yes it has been there for 17 years

Given your property is "relatively" new do you know if your solicitor or mortgage lender [if one] has a copy of the original builders plans that were used to complete the conveyancing process? My sis has builder's plans from 2003 and they show 'down the middle'

Does the fence as being discussed run on to the rear of the property on the same line to provide a boundary line in the rear garden? Yes, straight line all the way to the back fence

Ken.

Cheers Ken, see notes in bold.

CG

Poker time. Mr. Neighbour

PROVE IT??? but said with a smile

Sorry I missed the " My sis has builder's plans and they show 'down the middle"

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back