Landlords Responsibilities and meter change by supplier.

Can't your daughter speak directly with the landlord and try to resolve the issue? From my daughter's experience with rented accommodations most of the letting agents are useless and ignorant.

Sponsored Links
After doing some testing/checking he wired a strap from the service head, (don't ask me how, this is just what the daughter explained to me before, though she called it, "That thing there with the 2 wires coming out"), to the incoming isolator of the consumer unit.

Well (and accepting the points of view expressed elsewhere) this act was most probably illegal, perhaps the landlord/agent would like to explain why
1/ They employ an electrician that would act in this way
and
2/ Why they and the electrician should not be reported to the appropriate authorities

It may just concentrate their minds.

Oh and BG will not have and will not send a bill.

EFLI regarding the Bond Holder, I will check that with her tomorrow, she does have it mentioned in her 'Tenancy Agreement' but then it also mentions Corgi Registered Tradesmen and the tenancy only lasted the last 5 months. Well out of date regards Corgi.

Westie, you raised a good point there regarding the legalities. thank you.

VV2806. Interesting thought.

To all the others who have responded, especially PBoD, thank you for your thoughts/ideas.
Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
However, soon after she moved in she should have received conformation from the Deposit Protection Agency (that is the body I know, I don't know if there are others) stating that the money had been forwarded to them.
Did your daughter receive such confirmation?

Not all landlords conform to the rules if it is a direct Landlord-Tenant arrangement without a letting agency being involved in the contract.

As the supplier has "admitted" responsibility by changing the meter then the cost of the electrician should be passed onto the supplier. If they deny the meter was changed then check the meter's serial number listed on previous bills ( or the paper work setting up the new account ) and the number of the meter now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back