landscaping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am currently landscaping my garden.I am leaving the lawn down because I am raising the level by 6". I have ordered some crushed concrete to raise the level by 4" and then put 2" of crushed slate down on top of this. I have been given some 500mu visqueen to cover the area which I intend to put holes in to allow water to soak away. My question is would it be better to put the visqueen on top of the lawn ,then put the crushed concrete down and then 2" of slate or would it be ok to lay the crushed concrete on top of the lawn,then put the visqueen down and put the slate on top of that.Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Neither. When the lawn rots, you'll end up with a void under your hardcore. Eventually it'll sink, though not evenly, and it'll end up a mess. If you do insist on leaving the lawn then I wouldn't bother with the sheeting at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back