laptop screens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get an lcd laptop screen for an Advent 7065 model no:MID2030notebookpc(8599). Diagonal measurment of screen (visible) is 380mm. My cat jumped, missed his target and landed on the open laptop, shutting it onto a pen. He now has 8 lives left! Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Hairyjon. :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
This is a £300 laptop - in days gone by it would have cost you way too much for the screen to make this kind of repair economically viable. However a quick look on ebay revealed a secondhand/used screen at £69

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/68705-0083H-A...1531665QQihZ005QQcategoryZ31569QQcmdZViewItem

(edit: I think this is the right screen but don't quote me)

Not sure how much a new screen would cost you if you decided to go down this route but a quick call/email to the Advent Support Agents may put you on the right lines.

You would of course have to get it fitted which would add to the price and engineers rates are not cheap.

Alternatively, do you have an 'all-risks' type of home insurance policy? If so, then a claim on your insurance may be worthwhile depending on whether or not your premium will jump hugely next year.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hi Shenks.
Many thanks for the info. I have now made enquiries with the seller and await a reply. Fitting said item should not be a problem as I am involved in the electronics industry and hopefully will be able to avoid the cost of an engineer.......watch this space! :eek: :eek: With regard to the home insurance my policy has a £200 excess but I will consider it if there is no other way. Insurance companies have a nasty way of getting you back eventually! :evil: Grrr.!

I used to work in the IT industry and whenever an LCD screen failed outside of warranty (or was physically damaged) we used to write off the laptop - this was even when we had Toshiba trained repair engineers onsite.

Glad to hear you will probably avoid engineer rates - always nice when you can cut costs.

Sponsored Links
Unless a new or high spec lappy thats still worth a bit, I usually tell customers to either claim on the inurance or write it off, the price of a screen + fitting isnt all that far of a new lappy.
That said, if you can pick one up for £70 as in the above, and fit it yourself then it would IMO be worth it.

I don't believe it! After making enquiries to the item suggested by Shenks, it was withdrawn! :evil: :evil:

Hi Shenks
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay. Will browse the site as soon as I get some peace from my boss! :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back