Lawn going yellow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This time last year my garden was levelled with about 20 tons of top soil, and a new lawn was laid. I also had two soak aways put in for drainage from the garage and driveway (also new). A year on and it has started going yellow on the east side by the garage, and growth is stunted. I thought it might need feeding so I put some granular feed down about a month ago but even with the recent rain there is no improvement although the rest of the lawn looks good. There are some smaller dark/lush rings with brown centres but these are from dog wee and I can live with that, I am only concerned with the yellowing (on the right of the photo's). There is not much shade and there are no tree roots in the problem area. The west side is doing really well. Any suggestions wouold be most welcome.

Thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
How often do you mow the lawn and how short do you crop it? At the start of the year you should mow long and gradually lower the blades to the length you want. This could be the cause of the browning. I had the same on my lawn last year. Using the above method this year has had a massive impact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back