Lawrence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There seems a distinct lack of comment here on the recent revelations about police behaviour in the Stephen Lawrence case.

Is it because those here who derided the family and previous enquiry/findings won't engage with something that challenges their world view?

Or simply that they can't say that they may have been mistaken?

Sponsored Links
just give the grabbing family a few more million and move on. Sick it.

That would be far more useful than weeding out the police corruption?
Probably more achievable. :cry:
And how will we ever know if the police couption has been weeded out?

It makes you wonder how many more families have to wait twenty years or more, if ever, for the truth to be uncovered. Or just how much truth has been buried over the years.

And will any of those police/fomer police be charged with perverting the course of justice?
One would have hoped that they should be considerd on standards above and beyond those applied to other civilians.

The problem with enquiries is the limited Terms of Reference. For instance, this latest enquiry is only looking at the Stephen Lawrence case.

Sponsored Links
that's funny, I thought the family were upset because their child had been murdered and the police didn't care, and acted like the victim was the criminal.

does Joe really think they were just putting it on?

The police had to work covertly because whenever they opened their mouths they were accused of racism, this whole affair is continuing purely because it was deemed racist.

The police had to work covertly because whenever they opened their mouths they were accused of racism, this whole affair is continuing purely because it was deemed racist.

Not an angle I have explored fully.

Care to expand on it?

There seems a distinct lack of comment here on the recent revelations about police behaviour in the Stephen Lawrence case.

Is it because those here who derided the family and previous enquiry/findings won't engage with something that challenges their world view?

You post several options for lack of comment on the case.

The main one that you missed out, is that most, like myself, probably don't give a toss. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What?? :eek: :eek:
You claim that, in order to avoid accusations of racism, the police had to covertly spy on the family to find some way to discredit them, because their son had been murdered in a racist attack?
What planet are you on? :eek:

Or would that be because the Lawrence family were calling fo an enquiry that the police wanted to discredit them? It's still dastardly, under-handed and disgraceful behaviour by a police force. More akin to the KGB or the Gestapo.

If they did it openly they would rightly have been accused of racism, and other appropiate biases, and interference with the due process of law, etc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are right in one aspect, they did it covertly to avoid the accusations.

BTW, it was a racist attack that led to the death of Stephen Lawrence.

Despite such attacks, posters on here are still eager to push the racial and cultural tensions! :evil:

The main one that you missed out, is that most, like myself, probably don't give a toss. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A young man is murdered by several racists. The proper investigation is thwarted by institutional racism (that's racist police BTW).
An enquiry uncovers the institutional racism, but the police have still shredded documents and withheld relevant information and evidence. So one can assume that they are still "looking after their own" rather than upholding the law.

And you don't give a toss? :eek: :eek:

Then you have such vociferous opinions when the opportunity arises to vilify immigrants.
Your biases are evident. I suggest that you take a long hard look at yourself.

I'm not going to get into a long argument with you, as you are a habitual troll.

I'm hardly an advocate of the multicultural society. Not a secret. It isn't necessary, workable or in the best interests of the 'host' population, who had it forced on them. No political party mentioned the promotion of virtual open-door immigration in their manifesto - and no one voted for the increasingly unsustainable and sometimes dangerous situation that we find ourselves in.

With this in mind, I am hardly likely to be interested in the problems and struggles of the etnics. They certainly ain't interested in our problems.

The only people winding themselves up into a state of hysterical, righteous indignation are the lefty bleeding-hearts like you.

Whilst you're out there looking for 'causes', how about a 'young man murdered by several racists', in a cowardly, despicable and savage way on the streets of London? Justice not served. Remember PC Blakelock?

Suppose that's different? Not exactly a cause-celebre for the hard-wringing brigade. :rolleyes:

Despite such attacks, posters on here are still eager to push the racial and cultural tensions! :evil:

Just as you seem to think only "white British people" are racist. I can assure you racism isn't a one edged sword. It cuts both ways, but the law is designed to be totally in favour of the "ethnic minorities" here in the UK.

Just as you seem to think only "white British people" are racist. I can assure you racism isn't a one edged sword. It cuts both ways, but the law is designed to be totally in favour of the "ethnic minorities" here in the UK.

Ain't that the truth? I understand it's a result of the British traditionally feeling sorry for the underdog. I wonder whether the same will apply when we are the underdogs.

You post several options for lack of comment on the case.

It was more that there was plenty of comment on it previously here . For example one thread of 14 pages.

I wondered why, now that more has come to light to support the view that the police were corrupt, there has not been teh same comment.

You rreply suggests that you at least give a toss :)

Not sure where in this thread it is suggested that only 'white British people' are racist? Racism exists in all kinds of places, and is equally ridiculous and abhorrent anywhere. And it is a strange sort of logic that justifies bigorty on the basis that some other people are bigoted.

Can you give any examples of laws that are designed to be totally in favour of ethnic minorities?

BTW for posters using the word 'ethnic' as a standalone term. We had a previous thread discussing the fact that everybody is part of an ethnic group(s)

Sponsored Links
Back