layin porcelain tiles on slight slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i'm laying porcelain tiles on a bathroom floor for the first time and could really use some advice.

I will be laying them onto a screed floor of about three square metres. The problem is that the floor starts to slope down slightly about half way across. Do I need a levelling compound and how steep a slope is that good for?

Please help!

Sponsored Links
If the slope is only a few mm then you can use a larger notched trowel which will give you more depth of adhesive to play with.

If its more then a leveling compound will be better, most will go to about 10mm in one layer but you can build them up. Use a powdered one as the readymixed tub ones take ages to go off and can settle out if they have been on the shelf for some time. For ease go for a single part one not powder and laytex liquid. BAL multibase or Mapei Ultraplan Eco are the ones I tend to use.

Jason

Jasonb said:
If the slope is only a few mm then you can use a larger notched trowel which will give you more depth of adhesive to play with.

If its more then a leveling compound will be better, most will go to about 10mm in one layer but you can build them up. Use a powdered one as the readymixed tub ones take ages to go off and can settle out if they have been on the shelf for some time. For ease go for a single part one not powder and laytex liquid. BAL multibase or Mapei Ultraplan Eco are the ones I tend to use.

Jason

Thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back