Laying Click and Lock engineered over threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm replacing the flooring on the ground floor of my house, with click and lock engineered flooring. I'll be laying it in the hallway, front room and dining room. The current click on lock flooring doesn't use any threshold strips between rooms and I'd like to replicate this.

I'm not sure what the best way to fit this through the thresholds though. If it was tongue and groove I could just knock it in, but with click and lock you need to angle the joining length.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_20230504_100615178.jpg
    IMG_20230504_100615178.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20230504_100621949.jpg
    IMG_20230504_100621949.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
Sand off the raised lip bit that directs it to be locked in at an angle, for that piece. Then you should be able to knock it in place.

I had to fit click and lock once where it had to go under the skirting but the skirting couldn't be removed. I used a small trimming plane and made a few light passes over the raised lip on the last board of every row. That removed enough that it could be knocked into place but I also used a bead of wood glue to make sure the trimmed boards didn't slip afterwards.

Been a couple years now and all the joins are still tight as the day they were hammered into place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back