Laying Parquet on a concrete subfloor in the basement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

i want to lay parquet in my basement which has a level concrete floor. how do i go about laying a dampproof membrane between the concrete and the parquet. (i take it that its necessary right??) would it go :
concrete, glue, underlay, floating wooden subfloor (mdf?), adhesive, parquet ? and as always.. whats the cheapest way around it ? any help appreciated. thx P

Sponsored Links
i cant tell, theroom has been carpeted since i moved in 5 years ago and there's never been any wet patches or anything indicating damp. except for the skirtingboards on the outside wall being what can only be described as rotten. moving the rads under the windows and hopefully that should solve this problem. the house is 1830s so its hard to tell whats been done and what havent. does it sound like i have a dpm down already though?

You could apply a liquid DPM. Read the instructions carefully.
Then glue the blocks down with suitable adhesive.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back