United Kingdom
I am going to lay flooring in a house as follows:
- Tongue and groove hardwood
- planks 90x300mm
- Fixed with adhesive
- Planks parallel to walls, in brickwork layout
- Adjoining rooms separated by a hall
- The floor is to be continous across rooms

Is it better to start "in the middle" to ensure that the flooring does not end up out of parallel (outside what the skirting can cover) at the far walls in the adjoining rooms?, for instance starting at the doorway of one of the rooms. My fear is that, if I start at one far wall -in a room-, by the time I get to the hall and room across the hall, the flooring can be way out of parallel.

For the same reason, is it better to put the flooring perpendicular to the doors (especially if starting inside a room) as this will disguise the out of parallel a bit more?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So wood pattern in hall and in two rooms.
Are the entrances of the rooms opposite each other? If so, start in the hall in the middle where the doors are.

I am going to lay flooring in a house as follows:
- Tongue and groove hardwood
- planks 90x300mm
- Fixed with adhesive
- Planks parallel to walls, in brickwork layout
- Adjoining rooms separated by a hall
- The floor is to be continous across rooms

Is it better to start "in the middle" to ensure that the flooring does not end up out of parallel (outside what the skirting can cover) at the far walls in the adjoining rooms?, for instance starting at the doorway of one of the rooms. My fear is that, if I start at one far wall -in a room-, by the time I get to the hall and room across the hall, the flooring can be way out of parallel.

For the same reason, is it better to put the flooring perpendicular to the doors (especially if starting inside a room) as this will disguise the out of parallel a bit more?

Thanks

get your tape measure out!!!
start in hall
brick pattern ehhh!! random pattern lovely

Sponsored Links
what else are you supposed to do with wood blocks? 300mm = 30 cm = herringbone pattern, brick pattern, basket weave.
It's not a strip floor with boards!

Now it could be our 'fixation' with design parquet, but if I read 90 x 300 I read 90 mm wide x 300 mm long wood blocks
Am I mistaken?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back