Lazy policemen?

Sponsored Links
Cant blame the police for not investigating low-value thefts, but its the principle. And think about Talivans - 1 or 2 police officers occupied all day manning a camera, catching "criminals" who speed - instead of catching real criminals stealing from companies. I think some forces need to re-think their priorities. Then again, they have to make money somehow - catching speeders is a guarranteed way of making money - they might not catch the shoplifter, and even if they do, it will still cost them money and time to do so.

Our shop was given a radio months ago, to alert other shops in the area that there are shoplifters about. The area manager was shown how to use it. He visits our store every month. FFS. AND, we are 1.5 miles outside Rotherham town centre - to use the radio here, and communicate with the CCTV centre, we would need a booster ariel. There are no other retailers near our shop either - no shops worth nicking from anyway, so I dont know why they bothered. Though I have been told by one policeman that if we ever did make a call on the radio, WITH the booster ariel, to say there are shoplifters running down the road etc, the police patrols can hear it from the CCTV centre, so may be able to respond immediately, so some good may come of it, though I doubt our company will invest in the nessecary kit :evil:

I did notice this on the BBC earlier, and it says that the letter was sent 'with the god intention of reducing crime' whereas what they mean is 'reducing crime statistics', which isn't quite the same thing.....

it's been this way for as long as i can remember with it being a total waste of time reporting a crime especially when yourself is the victim as you go to all the effort of queing up in order for someone to fill in a form and then nothing ever gets done about it, only useful thing in the procedure is getting an incident number you can pass onto the insurers.

Sponsored Links
KENDOR ACCORDING TO THE POST YOU HAVE SUBMITTED HAVE YOU BEEN UP ALL NIGHT

B.O.B DOLE said:
KENDOR ACCORDING TO THE POST YOU HAVE SUBMITTED HAVE YOU BEEN UP ALL NIGHT
At work, will be finished for the day when most will be starting. ;)

crafty1289 said:
And think about Talivans - 1 or 2 police officers occupied all day manning a camera, catching "criminals" who speed -

Now now, be fair: the policemen manning the cameras aren't usually doing it as part of their regular shifts...

So yup, they're earning overtime for it :mad:

Back