Lead flashing alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Has anyone advice on an alternative to lead flashing, I will need some for a conservatory lean to so only about 250mm wide by 4m long. This should be about £80 I think but is there a cheaper good alternative.

It is out the back garden so if i use lead it should not be stolen!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are cheaper alternatives Flashband etc but you get what you pay for.

Go for the Ubiflex :idea: OK you don`t need all that long roll - eBay the remainder, someone will buy it ;)

Sponsored Links
I have been quoted £80 for 6m of lead at 240mm wide so I will go with that seems as cheap or even cheaper than ubiflex.

flashband is rubbish, ubiflex is good but pricewise isnt much different to lead, but you wont get the pikies on your roof at 3am trying to rip it off we use alot of ubiflex now on larger jobs especially churches and commercial properties there are a few other lead replacement products available but i have nt used them so i cant comment. if you do decide to use flashband use a hot air gun as warming it makes it stick alot better and be prepared to replace it in a few years

try your local scrap dealer, they sometimes have sheet lead which the pikies have brought in. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back